Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

russians

Hi - yesterday was a story day. 


I started talking to this boy in the morning, his name is Fin. I learned he is here on his student visa. He has no money and is living in a sleeping bag (but he didnt look homeless or anything. i hope he didnt make all this up). He begged for money to buy a ticket to warped to see angels and airwaves, his favorite band. He rode a skateboard to the show - 3 hours. he found it on the street a few days ago. He got here by a map. 

I told him to sell his ticket so he could have some money, then gave him a wristband and got him into the show for free. Then I took him over to the Angels and Airwaves merch tent and told the merch boys the story. They held his board for him (which was broken, and one of them had a skate guy fix it for Fin), and got him a pass to their signing. 

Then I left Fin to do some work. I found him later
 sitting alone, so I hung out with him for a while. We went to the signing, and he had the band sign his passport! I told the guys in the band his story and they were so impressed. They loved him. Fin told me his legs were shaking. 
The crew guys told me to bring Fin backstage before the set and they'd put him on the stage. I did. 

He gave me russian money as a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment